The International Volunteers Initiative offers International Students pursuing bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in development studies, social welfare, social policy, development management, sociology, African development, rural development, environmental management and related courses a hands-on, practical and experiential learning with a leading African-based civil society organization.
The DevCorps Initiative offers a unique experience for students to apply theories and concepts learnt in class within an Organizational-facilitated environment in Ghana.
- Opportunity to live, work and explore development in a peaceful, serene and buoyant civil society country, Ghana.
- Work experience with African Development Program to enrich students global and African perspectives on developmental issues
- Engagements with state actors (municipal authorities, department of community development, social welfare, women and children, etc)
- Work experiences with ADP-affiliated community-based organizations in both rural and urban areas of Ghana
- Benefitting from the learning platforms and experience-sharing sessions offered by seasoned ADP staff and fellows.
The DevCorps dedicate time and intellectual resources in the performance of their duties. Prospective Volunteers should send contact address below for further information on obligations of Volunteer and host organization’s responsibilities. The address below can receive e-mail, post or hand-delivered applications.